Hello, my name is Elinor Harvey and I am a qualified and accredited Relationship Therapist, offering counselling to couples and individuals for relationship, marriage and sex difficulties.
I launched Hampshire Relationship Counselling in 2019 to provide a local therapeutic option for individuals and couples seeking help for relationship, intimacy and communication difficulties in the Hampshire area and bordering counties. Since then I have expanded to offering my sessions to clients across the UK via Zoom.
I have been working and volunteering in the counselling and mental health fields for 12 years, including in the NHS, HM Prison Service and for national charities such as Relate and The Samaritans. I have also worked as a School Counsellor in a secondary school with young people experiencing emotional and psychological difficulties.
My training is in psychodynamic, CBT and systemic therapies, and am currently taking advanced training in Psychosexual Therapy. I use an integrative model when working with couples so that I can tailor the work and sessions to their unique needs. I am particularly passionate about the impact of mental health and fertility difficulties and working with psychosexual issues. Overall, I offer a kind, open minded and supportive approach, where issues can be discussed freely and change can be thought about together.
- BSc Psychology (University of Exeter)
- PGDip Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Interventions (UCL)
- Graduate Certificate Theory and Skills of Psychodynamic Couple and Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy (Tavistock Relationships/UEL)
- Level 5 Diploma Relationship Counselling (Relate)
- Currently studying Diploma in Integrative Psychosexual Therapy (Centre for Psychosexual Health) – due to complete Dec 2022
I have also taken shorter training in:
- Transactional Analysis
- Infant Loss
- Pregnancy after Loss
- Gender Awareness and Trans Clients
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Motivational Interviewing
- Suicide Risk and Support
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Mental Health Awareness
- Caring for Gender non Conforming Teenagers
- Introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Behavioural Activation for Adolescents
I am an Accredited Registered Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and a Student Member of the College for Sex and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) and abide by their Code of Ethics and Conduct.